The National Library of Scotland is proud to encourage sustainable practices. In the Library shop we focus on our environmental responsibilities to achieve a healthier world for future generations.
To reduce our environmental footprint, we:
- Source sustainable goods and services from local suppliers and producers.
- Showcase recycled/recyclable gifts and minimise packaging.
- Actively work with suppliers to develop products and promote sustainable materials such as FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) approved paper, wood, bamboo, and sustainable cotton.
- Dispatch online orders using reusable and recycled materials where possible.
- Work with ethically and ecologically minded suppliers, committed to developing their own sustainability policies and plans for a kinder future.
Although the move towards sustainable retail is neither quick nor straightforward this commitment remains central in all that we do.
The National Library of Scotland is a registered charity (Scottish Charity No. SC011086).
All proceeds from the shop go directly to the continued development and upkeep of the Library’s collections and resources.